As much as we need them, air conditioners are known to one of the household’s hungriest energy appliances!
Although they consume a lot of energy, there are many ways in reducing the power bill at the end of the month.
- Remember that the sweet spots for heating is between 23-26 degrees whilst cooling should be between 18-21 degrees Celsius
- Cool or heat the rooms only being used
- Set timers on your air conditioner, to provide equal air distribution
- Close curtains, doors and windows
- Draft stoppers are an effective way at stopping cold/hot air escaping through door cracks
Keep your house comfortable this winter but don’t let it result in bill shock!